Сommunication Developing a custom EA.

Discussion in 'Free communication on a variety of topics' started by Pierce, 6 September 2019.

1. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

So I've been experimenting with a different variety of indicators and by chance, I came across an EA which wins exactly 5% of the time. :p

Anyways it got me thinking, perhaps I could reverse the coding somehow so that instead of losing 95% of the time, I would win 95% of the time. Its not as simple as it seems because the entry/exit points change around when I reverse the buy and sell conditions, however if I was to be able to preserve the entry/exit points, perhaps I could achieve an EA that does the exact opposite of this one. Is this logic sound? What do you guys think?

2. tartut

tartut New Member

Hi, check it. ;) If you have source code, I will can reversal signal. ;)

3. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Hi. I have written many test EAs since then, I shall look for that specific EA, can't remember what I named it currently. For some reason when I tried to reverse the signal the trades weren't opposite, and I couldn't figure out why at the time. I shall message you once I find it.

4. aka1908

aka1908 Member

#4 aka1908, 27 June 2020
    Last edited: 7 July 2020
    Please post the EA for us to help you. Thanks! :)

5. Miro

Miro Member

You should see "expected payoff" first. If it is bigger than the spread, say 3.5 or more times it is eventually profitable when reverse the signal. Or in other words: if you get result -$100 from 10 trades of 0.1 lots trading EURUSD that means that you have expected payoff of -$10 or -10 pips and that makes that system reversible because you have more than 3.5 spreads on a deal. Easiest (and the really right) method of reversing is just copy with reverse function.
    If you did not get what I mean, just give the last 20 or 100 trades result... :)

• Clubbingbuy is a convenient platform for collective purchase of information products! Our service successfully solves the main task of the project-we give the possibility of collective purchases for all popular books, audio and video tutorials, seminars, programs, scripts, databases, templates and themes. The purchase will be cheaper than the full cost several times. New knowledge will cost no more than a Cup of coffee. Get the maximum benefit for the minimum money!